Thursday, March 7, 2013

Vaihingin Campus

I took a walk around an area of campus I hadn't been to before when I had a free hour, and here are some things I saw that were pretty cool looking.
 
This is some odd shaped (nearly jelly bean) building that I think was for Raumfahrt which is like transportation. The strangest part about it is that what looks like a metal cage around the building kind of, well, is. There is a narrow balcony that is actually more of a corridor around the entire outside of the building on all 3 levels, and instead of just having railings, there is what appears to be an entire fence around the building.

This was something that I thought might be kind of cool from far away, and then I got closer and saw there it is a third of the way full with stagnant water, so I have no idea what purpose it serves, but there was a sign nearby that said "Feuergasse, parken verboten" Which means flammable gas. No parking. But I thought it was unusually odd that it was next to a parking lot, AND it didn't say "Rauchen verboten" which means "smoking is forbidden" or simply "no smoking" There were also no signs that said anything about the area being dangerous, so I have no idea!

Another cool looking structure whose purpose is unknown to me!

Germans are extrememly environmentally friendly. They sort their recyclables. Which I love.
(Emily: This picture says to me: Brown glass and Clear glass are best friends and are hanging out talking about how much they don't like Green glass. And poor green glass is all segregated and has to hang out by himself.)

From far away I thought this was a pile of wood that they put here to be artsy but it was actually just because there is some kind of construction going on and I'm guessing they had to cut down some trees :(


Awesome windmill looking thing outside the Airplane building building.
A black duck with a white beak. I've never seen anything like it. It might not even be a duck at all but rather some other kind of pond loving bird. Either way, it was quacking a lot.
 
 
Such a cool carved wooden bench in the woods!
 
       BEES?
How is it that one tiny yellow sign has dissuaded anyone from breaking in to this tiny shack?
Oh right, maybe it's because the sign says "Caution. Bees" in German
 
 
This is my favorite boring picture I've taken so far. And I unintentionally wrote a haiku for it as well.
A bench sits alone,
looking out into the woods,
Greenspace all around.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah glass drama! Green glass segregation? Or, I think Green Glass thinks it's shinier and more jewel-like than the other glasses and thinks, therefore, that it is the best. And Clear Glass and Brown Glass bond over their mutual popular-kid exclusion.

    Just like middle school.

    In other news! Thanks for the pictures, Val! I request more pictures of that raspberry pastry you got because it sounds scrum-diddly-umptious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pictures stories! You had a better one, because then I don't feel bad for green glass anymore. I'll try to remember to take pictures of desserts!

    ReplyDelete