Thursday, March 14, 2013

Thursday: Light on words, liking pictures.

I am once again feeling lazy in writing, and I know everyone prefers pictures anyway, so here is my Thursday post dedicated to pictures:

Tuesday dinner: Half of it was good; tomatoes stuffed with cheese, sprinkled with pepper and garlic salz, that were then wrapped in tin foil and put in the over for about 10 minutes. I also attempted to make couscous fried with peas and tomato innards. It was a lot mushier than I hoped though.

Just a tiny square of window outside an amazing sweets shop near the language course building. I was in awe when I walked in. If I get one piece of cake every time I go in there, I may be able to try all of the kinds of cakes/tortes that they sell. :)

standing outside the backery/café/ unreal sweet shop window

today's treat: Some kind of delicious strawberry cake/torte. My only regret is that I didn't save any for later, and now I'm just looking at the picture with my mouth watering.

  The sky looked so pretty through the trees tonight as I walked to my dorm from the train station after class.
Just such pretty colors outside, and the path was so nicely lit. I wish my camera could have captured it better.
 
I was determined to cook the remaining couscous in an interesting way. The thought came to me that being American, I should try to deep fry something. ... I now know why deep fried couscous is not a popular food item. Even mixing in some beer and cheese doesn't do anything. Instead I just had interesting tasting mush. But I was hungry so I still ate it.



This, my friends is what a Euro 0,39  half liter can of beer looks like. It tastes like.... a beer. A subpar to decent beer. But still! That's like 53 cents in the US! And in Germany, the taxes are already added in to the price!
Last Saturday I was hanging out with Helly in the morning, and she took this picture on her phone. I met her on Wednesday night for sushi, and afterwards she remembered to send me this picture. :)
 
 
As I just mentioned, I went for Sushi with Helly yesterday. Actually I should say I tagged along with her an her friends, but I think they really liked me! They are all so sweet, and it was such a nice time! By the way, this sushi place is in a really weirdly hidden area, down some alley next to a train stop. BUT, it was soooo tasty, filling, and the price was good too! For under Euro 10, I got 8 pieces of regular size sushi roll, 12 pieces of tiny sushi roll, and 2 nagiri.

1 comment:

  1. That IS a great price for sushi! All of this makes me so hungry!

    My experience with couscous is, if it's soggy, dehydrate it more in a microwave and fluff it a bunch with a fork. But putting it with peas and tomato innards sounds good...I'm sad it didn't work out!

    ReplyDelete