Friday, March 1, 2013

Last Day in the US

  It's been a weird couple of days. But, I am now just about fully packed. I'm trying not to stress about the little things, as well as not to forget important things- passport, travel itinerary, dorm room assignment, ...
  I think my packing has gotten slightly out of hand. I started out strong- making a careful list of the clothes I would be taking based on how often I wear them and how easily each can be transformed from cold-weather wear to warm weather clothing. But as i started taking loads of laundry out of the dryer, it turned into more of a: well, this is a really soft material, so it will be comforting. I HAVE TO bring it. So now both of my large suitcases are just about full to the brim, and among my practical packed items are something like; 8 pairs of tights, 12 nail polished (had to have at least one of every color just in case), 5 belts (all except one are fashion style) and 3 pairs of boots + rain boots that I will wear on the plane to save space in my luggage. I also packed 4 bars of soap and new bottles of shampoo, conditioner and lotion. Now don't think that I've forgotten that Germany has stores that sell hygiene products. Because I haven't. (Well maybe just for a minute I did). But, the soaps were actually hand crafted by me earlier this year when I tried to take on a new hobby of soap making, but which was unfortunately overshadowed by my major project of making all my bridesmaids' dresses. Aside over. The bottles of stuff were things that I bought on sale and never got around to using them. And people who know me fairly well know how much I love saving money and hate wasting things!

 I do find it nice, however, to worry about these little details at times. The alternative is to think about how much I will miss everyone here, and that never leads to anything good. Sooooo, onward- to find a place for 3 boxes of Crest Whitestrips in my suitcases (which is a story of it's own for another day).

 Sincerely,
   Val

No comments:

Post a Comment