Tuesday, March 5, 2013



Food that you can only get in Germany: 
Milk!
in a box that is self stable until opened! And it still tastes good! It's rich like little plain coffee creamers or liquefied whipped cream, but it still has the same consisitencey of American milk. It's very odd, but I really am enjoying it. If anyone is wondering about the price, it's 0.75 to 0.95 Euro per carton I think, which I believe is about a quart. Probably somewhat more.
Baking Stuff!
There were a bunch of kinds of flour, but I asked Helly if there was something like self-rising and she didn't seem to know what I was talking about, Sooooo I had to buy yeast! (Heffe)
Also the vanilla they use is powered, so we will see how this goes!
Rahm Spinat!
I didn't know what it was, but I like spinach, and it was the only frozen food item I bought. Turns out it's little frozen cubes of creamed spinach. So you just put some in a pan and heat them up. Pretty tasty.
  Bananenweizen- specialty beer that is hefeweizen mixed with banana juice! I've never heard of bananas, but I do like them, and this beer oddly enough is a good combination of both ingredients. You can taste both, but they taste good together. Would you believe that it was 3,80 Euro for a half liter? That would be about $5-6 for a specialty beer. The 0,4 liter of the light beer was only 2,80 euro!
  Schnitzel
My first real German schnitzel and spaetzle plate, and it was from a cafeteria. I still thought it was yummy too!

No comments:

Post a Comment